Fork Lift Truck Courses
Why do I need training?
Even the most experienced lift truck operators can find themselves in hazardous and potentially dangerous situations. Serious accidents can and do occur without proper training. The Provision and Use of Work Equipment Regulations 1998 (PUWER) require employers to ensure that machinery is operated only by employees who have received appropriate training and assessment in accordance with the Code of Practice as laid down by the Health and Safety Commission. Training is a legal requirement.
The fork lift trucks we offer training on are:
- Rough Terrain Masted
- Rough Terrain Telescopic
- Industrial Telescopic
- Industrial Masted
What does the course cover?
The course explained:
- The essential features of lift truck and their maintenance, use of handbrake, mounting and dismounting, visual checks
- How to avoid the potential dangers of lift truck operation, observations, use of horn etc
- How to assess loads and move them safely
- Pallet work, stacking, unloading
- How to get the best from your lift truck in different conditions, uneven ground, slopes etc
- The relevant legal requirements
1 day for a refresher for those who have been certificated before or for candidates who have industry experience.
2 – 5 days for candidates with little or no previous experience
To book your place on this course please fill in your enquiry